PGT (Preimplantation Genetic Testing) has a 99% accuracy in predicting an embryo’s sex.
Eden fertility Centers offers high tech, high touch fertility treatment at the centers in Newport Beach & Fullerton California. In today’s era, the need for genetic testing can’t be denied in couples who experience infertility as it has the potential to help all those partners who want to raise their families.
What Is Genetic Testing During Pregnancy?
A blood test screening of pregnant women can be done in order to find disorders before genetic testing. Some tests can check babies for medical conditions while they are in the womb. Others check their DNA for some genetic diseases. On basis of those blood tests doctor may recommend amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling:
- Amniocentesis is a test usually done between weeks 15 and 20 of a woman’s pregnancy.
- Chorionic villus sampling (CVS) is usually done between weeks 10 and 12 of pregnancy.
Genetic testing can provide a closer look into the health of your baby as well that of mother in case she is pregnant or thinking of getting pregnant. genetic carrier screenings can provide useful insights into the health of mother as well as father’s genes to diagnose any disorder present in the child.
GENETIC TESTING AVAILABLE AT EDEN
The team at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility follows innovative concepts for fertility treatments based on the three main principles that include excellent medical service, individualized patient care, and successful outcomes. Eden fertility center offer PGT-A, also known as comprehensive chromosome screening (CCS).
The technique is responsible to examine DNA, that carries instructions for the body’s functions and knows about the gene changes that may cause any disease, including infertility as well. Infertility is not just restricted to only one partner however both males and females can suffer from fertility issues, and a beneficial process termed as genetic testing can be of great help.
Our team at Eden fertility centers has implemented an ample amount of technology changes over the past years allowing for developments in one of the largest and most technologically advanced embryology labs on the west coast to be tested and transferred carefully into clinical practice. We recommend that families who are at-risk for genetic diseases consult with our physician to determine if preimplantation genetic testing (PGT) of their embryos is a reproductive option.
Preimplantation genetic testing (PGT) is the technique that has approximately 99% accuracy in the prediction of embryo sex. It is used to identify genetic defects in embryos created through in vitro fertilization (IVF) before pregnancy. The embryos can be tested for any abnormal chromosome number before they are transferred to the uterus.
PGT can be classified into:
- PGT-A (Preimplantation Genetic Testing for Aneuploidy) formerly known as PGS (Preimplantation Genetic Screening) is a genetic test that screens all 23 pairs of human chromosomes as well as select for gender.
- PGT–M (Preimplantation Genetic Testing for Monogenic/Single Gene Defects) also known as PGD (Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis) is designed to help patients who have known genetic abnormalities in their family line.
PGT-A or PGS:
PGT-A: This technique is best suited for most of the population undergoing IVF. This is of no surprise that all women are at risk of producing chromosomally abnormal embryos. It is recommended for women aged 35 and older, whose eggs are at increased risk for chromosome errors, and for all those women with a history of multiple miscarriages or repeated implantation failure. So, PGT-A can help women of all ages increase their chances of a successful pregnancy. Through Eden’s efforts, more than 5,000 healthy babies have been born following the transfer of embryos with the correct number of chromosomes.
PGT-A works by looking at the amount of genetic material within IVF embryos. The genetic material is housed within the chromosomes. These chromosomes are an important source of healthy growth and development.
- The embryos with the incorrect number of chromosomes ( aneuploid embryos) do not result in a successful pregnancy or may lead to genetic conditions in a child.
- Embryos with the correct number of chromosomes (euploid embryos) have a chance of leading to a successful pregnancy.
Now, the PGT-A identifies embryos with the correct number of chromosomes, so that the team can select the perfect embryo with the best chance of leading to IVF success.
The Benefits Of PGT-A:
- Increases the chance of pregnancy
- Risk of miscarriages reduced
- Reduced number of IVF cycles needed to achieve pregnancy
PGT-A for Sex Selection/Family Balancing:
For all those partners who want to choose the sex of their baby, Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility offers PGT-A for the purpose of family balancing. By analyzing the sex chromosomes of an embryo during the IVF process, our team is able to record male embryos with XY chromosomes and female embryos with XX chromosomes.
PGT-A success rates are irreplaceable with the reduced risk of miscarriages and increased live birth rates.
PGT-M or PGD:
PGT-M: It was formerly known as PGD. The technique is used before the implantation to help identify genetic disorders within embryos, that serves to prevent certain genetic diseases or disorders from being passed on to the child. PGT-M can detect single gene defect disorders that can result in such diseases as muscular dystrophy, sickle cell anemia, cystic fibrosis and Tay-Sachs. It helps decrease the chance of delivering a child with an inherited genetic disorder.
PGT-M is best suited for all those individuals who are at a high risk of passing on a specific single gene disorder like the same autosomal recessive condition, carrier of X-linked condition and more.
The Benefits Of PGT-M:
- Identifies embryos affected with a single genetic disorder before the transfer.
- Unique probe custom-designed for every patient.
- Genetic counseling sessions available.
At Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility PGT-M tests are created uniquely for each family. These can be specifically performed for any single gene disorder as long as the specific familial mutation has been identified.
Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility is the pioneer and leader in PGT-M/SR. Our team performs the best PGT-M procedure with a unique level of experience that allows us to confidently accept even the most complex cases, which are often turned down by other labs in the region.
PGT AND GENETICS RESEARCH:
The team at Eden Fertility Centers is rigorously finding new ways to improve and lead successful patient outcomes. The following clinical studies are currently underway on PGT:
- Non-invasive comprehensive chromosome screening. Under this technique, nutrient-rich solution surrounding the embryo is analysed to detect the presence of DNA without removing embryo cells.
- Investigating additional genetic tests as an adjunct to PGT in order to offer higher success and outcomes to IVF patients.
We strive to make a hassle-free fertility experience with the help of a high-tech approach to achieving pregnancy at our fertility treatment clinic. Check out our full range of fertility treatments including IUI, In-vitro fertilization, Third-Party Reproduction (Surrogacy, Egg Donation, LGBTQ+ Fertility), Male Infertility, egg donation and Egg Freezing.